Join Our Team
At DWH, we take great pride in having a unique group of professionals on staff who are committed to helping others – all while drawing upon a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. Our clients consist of all shapes and sizes, which challenges our team to bring an array of skillsets to the table with every new project. We are always looking for the best of the best, so if you are interested in joining a diverse and talented team with a human-centered approach to business, this could be the place for you!
Anatomy of a DWH team member.
- 5+ years experience within an industry (domain expertise)
- High degree of empathy and emotional intelligence
- Prior consulting experience a plus +
- High degree of technical acumen
- Bring structure to intense, conflict-driven situations
- Think at a high level, but execute at a granular level
- You care. For Communities, For People, For Jobs.
Senior Financial Analyst (Detroit)
DWH, Corp (“DWH” or “firm”) works with healthy, underperforming, or distressed companies across a variety of urgent, high-impact situations. Senior Financial Analysts have a passion for maximizing value for all stakeholders. This position supports the organization's financial advisory services by performing financial reporting and modeling, cash flow modeling and cost accounting, etc.
Job Type: Full-time
Position Type: This is a full-time exempt position
Pay: $90k – $125k per year
Benefits: Health Insurance, Paid Time Off, Dental, Vision, 401(k)
Physical Setting: Office
Schedule: 8-hour shift, Monday – Friday
Education: Bachelor's Degree (Required)
Experience: Accounting: 3 years (Required), Microsoft Excel: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Relocation: Relocation expenses are not provided
Travel: This position may require travel up to 10% of the time
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and practices, financial markets, banking, analysis and reporting of financial data
- Knowledge of laws and government regulations pertaining to accounting and finance
- Able to understand, interpret, and present complex financial data, able to identify needs of various businesses and present solutions accordingly
- Able to operate with a strategic mindset, but also dive deeply into issues to determine and solve for root cause
- Analyze financial data, create, and maintain financial forecasts, reports and operational metrics including income statement and balance sheet modeling for decision support
- Analyzing past results, performing variance analysis, identifying trends, and making recommendations for improvement
- Performing market research and data mining
- Performing acquisition valuations with recommendations on costs and structures
- Engaging in due diligence and assessments to identify and communicate strengths, risks, opportunities, and threats
- Gain a working understanding of the DWH 13-Week Cash Flow Forecasting Model (CFFM).
- Complete new client implementations by setting up and customizing the model according to the parameters and needs of the client
- Utilize client information to perform weekly updates to the forecast, providing analysis on forecast changes and assumptions from week to week
- Gain a working understanding of the DWH Financial Reporting Model (FRM)
- Complete new client implementations by setting up and customizing the FRM according to the parameters and needs of the client
- Utilize client information to perform monthly updates to the forecast, providing analysis on forecast changes and assumptions from month to month
- Any other task as requested by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Administration and Management: Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources. Able to clearly articulate the Company vision, processes
& protocols to employees and managers, clients, and business network.
Accounting and Analysis: Knowledge of accounting principles and practices, financial markets, banking, analysis and reporting of financial data, knowledge of laws and government regulations pertaining to accounting and finance. Able to understand, interpret, and present complex financial data, able to identify the needs of various businesses and present solutions accordingly.
Able to operate with a strategic mindset and dive deeply into issues to determine and solve for the root cause.
Communication: Able to interact professionally with colleagues, business network, clients, and
Company personnel, able to clearly and effectively communicate information both orally and in writing.
Training: Able to clearly document and follow Company procedures and policies.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Education/Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Engineering or related field required. Master’s degree preferred. Six plus years of experience performing financial modeling or cost accounting preferred. Experience with family-owned businesses and manufacturing preferred.
- Computer Skills: Advanced Microsoft Office experience required. Experience with ERP systems preferred.
- Background: Must be a good cultural fit for the company. Able to pass a pre-employment drug screen. Ability to pass a background investigation, including but not limited to nationwide criminal record search, and other relevant background information.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
The work environment and physical demands listed below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to loud. Normal office conditions are expected. But work is done in a client’s facility often, which may be an office or a factory.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, regularly required to stand and walk. Employee regularly uses hands and fingers to touch, feel, handle. Employee regularly stoops, kneels, bend at the waist, and reaches. Employee is frequently required to speak and hear. Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds on occasion.
- Travel: This position may require travel up to 10% of the time.
- Relocation: Relocation expenses are not provided.
Native American & Veteran Hiring Preferences will be applied in accordance with DWH policy. DWH is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.